Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Visit a castle and swim in Pleasure Bay, all in Boston!

I saw the fortress for the first time from the airplane landing in Logan, a quite beautiful granite structure erected on a green hill by the blue water. I knew that I wanted to have a closer look at this site.

On a sunny Sunday, I went with my friend Sam and my dog Sugi to explore Castle Island and Pleasure Bay. This site, in South Boston, is excellent for couples who want a romantic spot, people who want to walk their dogs next to the ocean and families with kids who want to play in the sand or at the nearby playground.

The structure we see nowadays, known as Fort Independence, is the 8th fortress built here and was completed in 1834. It was mainly used as a military station.
Read more about the rich history of CI

If it's too cold or far away, you can see Castle Island on the virtual tour provided by the CIA (Castle Island Association)...

No comments:

Post a Comment