Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Flavor reminding me of my grandmother—Dumpling Cafe

The feeling of homesick is getting stronger since the winter has begun.

Although there are numerous of Chinese and Taiwanese restaurants out there in Boston, it is not easy to find the authentic restaurant that reminds you the exactly taste in your hometown.

Fortunately, in a big and highly foreign immigration city, some authentic Chinese restaurants do exist in Boston area and people who are dying to have some hometown flavor or just curious of what the true Chinese dishes taste like do have their chance to find some traditional Chinese food.

As a Taiwanese, the first Chinese restaurants on my pocket list which I highly recommended is the Dumpling Cafe



Instead of ordering dumpling, I will encourage everyone to try some exotic dishes that represent the true Taiwanese food.

The following are the dishes I recommend:

Chinese watercress with garlic: This is a really traditional and common dish in regular Taiwanese family. ...and sorry about inaesthetic picture bucause one third of the watercress are already in my stomach…


Szechuan style flounder: Spicy and hot, better order some rice and noodles while tasting this dish.
Chicken leg with 3 essences in hot pot: the dishes that grandmother or mother usually made for their family members when they need nutrition or winter is coming.


Also, The “lightly breaded fried pork intestines” and “Taiwanese style rice cake with veggies and pork” are ranked highly but I forgot to stop my friends and took pictures before they engulf all those dishes………..

Can’t Wait to gather all my friends to enjoy all those dishes in the weekend again, and wish all of you can go and try some warm and delicious Chinese/Taiwanese food in this chilly season.



Please leave some comments and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment