Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is there anything as too much sushi?

First year in Boston coming from a completely different environment; Egypt.  It has been quite the adjustment being here - from the way that people communicate with each other to the drastic changes in seasonal temperatures.  I have been told by some locals, "If you don't like the weather in Boston, wait five minutes."  This being another indication of the unpredictable weather that the area has here. 

One of my major concerns was when I got here, like any other human would have, is where to get good food?  So I started walking around in the vicinity of public transportation in Boston.  Through some trial and error I was able to find a handful of good places for a college student to eat, and like any other college student that I know has two major concerns about their food.  

The first concern being the cost, and the second concern would have to be the quality of food.  One of the best places that I have found was Yamato.  They have sushi and other appetizers and dishes on the menu for those not too fond of the sushi aspect of Japanese food.  The downside of this place would have to be that if you don't finish everything that you order, you end up paying for the dishes that you don't eat.  

I can understand that they do this to deter anyone who is thinking of ordering mass amounts of food that they just want to take a taste of... I have to say that I had the luxury of sitting next to one of these poor unfortunate souls that  had ordered to much food.  I honestly felt so bad for the two girls that I almost offered to help them out.  But in the end they were able to somehow manage to fit the dishes into there stomachs that seemed to be non-existent. 

~'Till next time... Moenes

No comments:

Post a Comment